We take your book from concept to publication.
If you’re publishing anything, you need professional editing. We enhance your writing and provide actionable notes on:
- Memoirs – Biographies
- Self-help books
- New Age – Spirituality
- How-to books
- Business books
- Product/Service booklets
- Short stories
- Children’s books
EDITING & WRITING:
- Proofreading & Copy Editing: Correction of spelling, grammar, syntax, idioms, and nuance.
- Rewriting & Readability: Improving readability or rewriting translations, texts by non-native speakers, etc.
- Content repurposing: Rewriting content to change its usage, e.g., converting interviews into articles or book chapters.
- Manuscript Assessment: Evaluation of copy, structure, content, story, and voice. The editor reads the manuscript and provides detailed notes. Clients can work with the editor or implement the changes themselves.
- Structural/Developmental Editing: This is the most intensive form of editing because it re-shapes the manuscript by looking at content, structure, organization, coherence, logic, consistency, and voice. Sentences, paragraphs, and chapters may be moved, removed or added, trimmed or expanded. The editor implements the changes with client’s approval.
- Content Development/Ghostwriting: The writer develops the client’s book idea into a publishable manuscript. The process may include conducting interviews and research, working from notes, drafts, outlines, audio-visual material, etc.
PUBLICATION DESIGN & PUBLISHING SUPPORT:
- Publication Design & Graphics: We have designed more than 200 books and magazines. We also design catalogues, promotional material, proposals, brochures, menus, calendars, web graphics (e.g. banners, ads), etc. See Publications and Design Portfolio.
- Visual Art & Illustration: We create original art in a variety of styles. Our work has been featured in magazines, children’s books, book covers, films/TV, and gallery exhibitions. See Design Portfolio.
- Publishing Support: E-books/Downloadables: We deliver digital files ready to be published or distributed (e.g., Amazon Kindle, PDF). Print books: We deliver ready-for-press artwork that clients can print on their own. In Cyprus and Toronto, we also offer offset printing support.
- Greek to English Translation: We specialize in prose, poetry, drama, essays, articles, screenplays, etc. Regular clients: University of Cyprus, Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture, Cyprus PEN Centre, Armida Books. Highlights among countless credits include “The Experiment” by Myrto Azina-Chronides (Garnet Publishing, UK – Winner of the European Union Prize for Literature 2010) and “Australia and Other Poems” by Michalis Pieris (Ylandron Publications, Australia). See Publications.
Irena Joannides, Atalanta Creative’s principal writer/editor, has written extensively for print, radio, television, and film. Her writing has been published in Europe, Canada, and Australia by traditional publishers, and broadcast on Rogers TV, OmniTV, CityTV, CIUT.FM, CFNY.FM, Q107.FM, CyBC. Her credits as a translator and editor are countless. For fifteen years she has been assistant editor-in-chief and creative director of In Focus literary magazine, while working on an ongoing basis with the Cyprus PEN Centre, Armida Books, the University of Cyprus, and the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture. In recent years, she has been providing publication services to authors, publishers, businesses, and organizations around the globe.